Cavaliers are not going down without a fight for sure. Game
5 performance reflects exactly that, very clear and loud.
Game 5 is just about LeBron and Kyrie. That’s all to it. Out of 112 total, 82 points were scored
by just LeBron and Kyrie, sharing 41 each. By winning Game 5 they also set a new NBA record in the
2 players scoring 40 and above in the same game! Other than the record it was wonderful watch both LeBron and Kyrie on the court. They dictated the game and made plays on their own terms.
Game 5 - Final Score
Cavaliers 112 –
There is another interesting stat (not yet reported by traditional NBA stats) has a score of 0 (Zero).
ZERO kicking or swiping in Game 5.
Warriors celebrations were delayed or put on-hold for few
more days. In game 6, Cavs has the home court advantage to push the series to 7
LeBron’s NPS (Net Player Score) is OUTSTANDING at 60%. He controlled the game and
contributed 60% in the entire game. That is an outstanding performance. Is going to be the Finals MVP? May be!
Plot # 1 - Net Player Score
Kyrie was unstoppable. Period. This is what he supposed to do and he finally
delivered at the right moment at the right time.
Warriors could not handle both defense and offense play
making from Cavaliers. In 4th quarter Warriors could not match the
speed of LeBron and Kyrie and resulted in few costly miscommunications. LeBron
and Kyrie took advantage of this and also took the game away from Warriors.
Love, J R Smith, Jefferson and Tristan played their roles, nothing special. On the brighter side they did not create any negative effect either. On the Warriors side, Klay Thompson was keep score ticking until 4th and then he cooled off! Curry with 25 and Iggy with 10.
Plot # 2 - Points Scored
Game 6 is at Cleveland and hopefully Cavs will take the advantage of the home court. Green will be coming back from his suspension and
Warriors will havemore firepower and more determined to close the series. It is going to be a good
game and hopefully Cavs will not repeat the same game 4 mistakes!
Go Cavs, as always!
From LeBron James (after the game)
- 15 turnovers on a road game is not a good ingredient to win the game
- We had a game plan and we followed as much as possible and will continue the same in Game 2
- 28 missing shots! We have to do better than that!
- We are going to have a better offensive plan for Game 2
- Game ball goes to Livingston!
From Tyronn Lue (after the game)
- 28 shots in the paint and we didn't finish around the basket so we got to keep playing
- I thought we were fine I feel good about how we played it all down
- You don't get into the basket and you don't miss 28 shots in the paint.
- It is going to be better next game
- We did a good job on locking Steph and Klay. We will go back to the drawing board and try to repeat the same.
- Warriors bench scored 45 points. We need to have a better plan!
- More trips to paint and finishing
- Kyrie sharing the ball
- Love and J R Smith getting the ball
- Plan for bench players
- More aggresive play but not turning over the ball
- Keep scoring. Just keep scoring
- Same or better plan for lockdown Steph and Klay, again in Game 2
Go Cavs as always!